April 12, 2011

My Latest Obsession...

Thanks to this post from Ampersand Design Studio I am thinking of the possibilities... I've been looking for a new project and I think I may have found it... my inspiration is this lovely number from Anthropologie Did you know they make kits for dying silk? I've been looking at a few online here and here they are actually very reasonable. I like the look of the watercolor effect, where the colors bleed into each other and I'm thinking the above cowl neck shell could be easy to recreate plus there are mostly straight sewing lines... we know how I love that... I've made shells before so I'm thinking I could get close... hmmm.... perhaps I can add amateur clothing designer to the list of trades I pretend to be good at :) stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment