July 29, 2012

Now that the Wedding is over I have more time and plenty to talk about...

Yep I'm still here. I know it's been a while, well a long while but I have reasons... though I'm sure all the master-bloggers out there wouldn't let moving, getting a new puppy and planning a wedding get in their way. But to be honest I really wanted to post all about the wedding before the wedding but I didn't want to give it all away but now... buckle up cause I'm spilling all the details.

When me and the Hub got engaged last July it didn't take me long to plan and map out exactly what i wanted for our wedding, and being slightly OCD and a more visual kind of person with not much photo editing skills and having refused joining Pintetest (until now you can follow me here) I went old school... and created a Power Point.



Now it wasn't your bosses four hour long work meeting kind of power point really it was just an easy way to organize my thoughts via pictures. I'm sure I could have made it more fancy but lets be honest I was more excited about planning a wedding then making the inspiration board techy and fancy. Now it is fun to note here that we got engaged July 22, and by the end of August I pretty much had this PP done... see if you know me then you know I don't mess around. It's also fun to see how little I deviated from the original plan. If I had to give any future brides one piece of advice it would be to make a plan. Decide what you want and how you want it and then stop looking. Many of you are probably Pinterest junkies, as I am fast becoming so be careful of information and idea overload, which is exactly why I didn't join till now but if you have constraint and know your limits, organizing your ideas on boards is an easy way to keep it all together. Having a plan and a visual one at that is also the easiest way to let people know what you want, what your theme is and keeps your ideas on the surface so you don't lose them amongst all the bridal mags, blogs, boards and pictures. So to kick off what I'm sure is going to more then you bargained for... here are the slides from my wedding Power Point.







I'll be breaking down each slide, letting you know what was done, scrapped or changed, giving my personal hints and advice regarding how I think things went and what I would have done different as well as providing a list of the vendors and details on the details. :) stay tuned!

xxoo
Adria 

No comments:

Post a Comment