October 13, 2011

What in the world...

have I been up to. Recap! so I quit my job. yep finally just up and did it. OK it wasn't that spontaneous but it went against my logical sense of self to do so with out something in place... turns out I do have something... an incredible loving and caring man who wants to take care of me and was willing to let me leave and have the time to start a life together. of course the trade off was moving in with him... but I think I'm living the best of both worlds.
there it goes six years all in a 10 ft truck...

So a little about my former place of employment. I HATED it. The saddest thing was that it wasn't the work that I hated, or the clients or anything of the like. It was the inner office politics bullsheesh that I grew to disdain. But the things I learned I would not change so I am increasingly grateful for the crappy environment and the people/mostly person, that I refuse to believe were motivated by anything other then personal feelings and the worst part of human nature. I'm grateful because it made me question everything I thought I knew about myself and what I wanted. I used to think I was meant to be this high functioning career woman living it up in the city, independent and resilient (well I'm still resilient) but after my taste of that kind of life I realized it didn't make me happy.I gave it all back. the job, the city traded, it in for the best thing... Love. I gave in to the most powerful emotion on earth and couldn't be happier. the quitting was easy, the packing was a pain, the moving was a whirlwind, the unpacking a breeze and setting up a home a dream. It's funny how life works out maybe not the way you planned... but usually the way it's supposed to, and i have never been more certain about my future.

Took a break from unpacking and took in the view from the backdoor... after the first "snow" of the year... didn't show up too great but on the right side there is a rainbow... how perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment