August 18, 2012

What we wore...part one


Continuing with the weddings posts now comes one of my favorite parts... what we wore. I was in love with all the "fashion" from the wedding I wanted everyone to look good none of those ugly bridesmaids dresses or stuffy groomsmen tuxes for me... I had a very detailed picture in mind and I think that once again I was able to achieve the look that I was after. Considering the wedding was going to be a semi relaxed affair in the mountains I wanted the clothes to reflect that as well.





This is what I originally had come up with. I stuck with the color pallet as much as I could using the closest variations of the colors that I could find. The original dress and Bridesmaid dress was from J Crew. I knew I wanted glittery shoes and a colored scarf for the reception and I was obsessed with having the groomsmen in sweater cardigans. 

First up, my dress, though originally in love with the J Crew dress I was not in love with the idea of not being able to try it on prior to buying it. I had been looking around and found that Vera Wang... THE Vera Wang does a line for Davids Bridal of all places. I had originally been looking at a few other dresses on the website and decided to go in and try them on. I only wanted to try on the dress I ended up with because it had pockets. The online picture didn't do it much justice in fact you couldn't really see the dress at all just the description it had me at pockets... cause who doesn't love pockets. I modified the dress just slightly and added non-functioning straps. I just thought it was a more flattering neckline and hid that underarm hangover that is nearly impossible not to have in a strapless gown. 


Nevermind the pre-bridals cheesy pose, I loved everything about my dress from the way that it bustled to the fabric to the pockets, they came in handy... lip gloss, phone... check! more pictures of the dress can be seen here and here

The accessories were awesome if I do say so myself... 


The ceremony shoes were from Aldo, the earrings were from H&M and the necklace... oh the necklace was a purchase from an Etsy shop from my Love many months prior to the wedding,a 2 inch wide Swarovski crystal hand set and ribbon tied in all its glory stunner. I also wore a birdcage style veil that I actually made. After looking at veils that cost $100 or more I figured how hard could it be to make one... so with a headband, netting and some feathers, all from JoAnn's and all less then $10 this is what I had. It was pretty cool if I do say so my self the netting was removable from the headband and the feathers were on a clip that was removable as well so it gave me plenty of options on ways to wear it. (Though there were some last minute second-guessing due to the wind on the day of... part of me still thinks I should have nixed the feathers while outdoors, but c'est la vie)


Here are a few before, during and after ceremony shots



 After dinner during the reception I did a quick accessory change and slipped on a pair of TOMS wedges in burlap (no longer available on the website) exchanged the necklace for a teal scarf, bling-ed up the earrings and wore just the feather clip from the veil. Which was all perfect to stay warm and dance the night away once the sun went down. 




At the end of the night I made a quick change out of my dress and into a short white dress and suede jacket from H&M slipped back into my glittery heels and was ready to be whisked away by my Love. 


This is one of the only pictures on the outfit... and yes that's me chucking the bouquet at my Maid of Honor...

 I wanted to keep things fresh and be able to change my look depending on the portion of the wedding... from ceremony to dinner to dancing to exit. I was able to achieve what I was aiming for with just some slight variations of accessories, hair and shoes and then choosing to change dresses at the end (mostly so I didn't have to travel in my dress or worry about it the next morning.)

Whew... that felt like a lot of talking about myself... But those were the details. Stay tuned for more about what Clint and the rest the bridal party wore!

xoxo
Adria 

1 comment:

  1. Your dress was amazing! Sara and I also really loved the groomsmen attire. The sweaters and the Nike's were an AWESOME look. It was fabulously unique. :)

    ReplyDelete