March 2, 2017

Dinner: Steak Cauliflower Fried "Rice"



So one of my favorite gifts this Christmas came from my bestie, Jen. It was a custom cookbook from Tasty. You know all those yummy Facebook videos that we all drool over... well apparently you can custom create a cookbook picking from their categories and recipes. (see it here) it's straight genius. She obviously knows me well and appreciates reaping the rewards of a new recipe. (I have leftovers if you need lunch tomorrow)

Tonight's recipe is brought to you by my personalized cookbook and my need to regroup after last nights carb over-load. I basically followed this recipe but used sliced beef chuck (pre-packaged but unseasoned for carne asada and cut it into more manageable sizes) I marinated the meat in a little bit of Soy Sauce, and garlic and let it sit while I prepped the veggies. Pro tip (okay okay i'm no pro... but I read it somewhere) instead of using the blade in the food processor if you have the grater attachment run it through that like you would grate cheese, you just get a better consistency so it doesn't turn to mush... and i use a little of the stem too. I know... crazy town over here. Anyway it was pretty straightforward, easy and dare I say tasty... (internal groan) and doesn't leave you with the take-out hangover from traditional Fried Rice and I'm guessing is just as good the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment